High Availability Option for HPSS
IBM Global Services - Federal announces the High Availability option for HPSS. HA-HPSS* provides hardware redundancy for HPSS core servers, complementing the ability to configure redundancy in the data movers. The result is a mass storage system that remains on-line, in spite of failures in key hardware components.
|High Availability Features:||Components:|
Automatically recover from:
- Two HPSS core server machines: one primary and one standby.
- Primary computer services requests using "service interface."
- Metadata is mirrored across busses.
- "Keep alive" messages in AIX are exchanged between primary and standby over Ethernet and TTY cable (to prevent isolation).
- "Keep alive" messages in Linux are exchanged between primary and standby over Ethernet and shared disk.
- Network adapter failure causes a standby adapter to assume the IP and hardware address of the failed adapter.
- Failures of disk, disk adapter, and cables are resolved by AIX mirroring over dual busses.
- Primary computer failure results in the standby computer assuming the IP and hardware addresses of the service interface, taking control of the metadata disks, and restarting HPSS.
*HA-HPSS is available from IBM by special bid arrangements.
|2017 HUF - The 2017 HPSS User Forum will be hosted by the high energy accelerator research organization Kō Enerugī Kasoki Kenkyū Kikō, known as KEK, in Tsukuba, Japan from October 16th through October 20th, 2017.|
|HPSS @ SC16 - SC16 is the 2016 international conference for high performance computing, networking, storage and analysis. SC16 will be in Salt Lake City, Utah from November 14th through 17th - Learn More. Come visit the HPSS folks at the IBM booth and schedule an HPSS briefing at the IBM Executive Briefing Center - Learn More|
|2016 HUF - The 2016 HPSS User Forum will be hosted by Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York City, New York from August 29th through September 2nd - For more information.|
|HPSS @ ISC16 - ISC16 is the 2016 International Supercomputing Conference for high performance computing, networking, storage and analysis. ISC16 will be in Frankfurt, Germany, from June 20th through 22nd - Learn More. Come visit the HPSS folks at the IBM booth and schedule an HPSS briefing at the IBM Executive Briefing Center - Learn More.|
|Swift On HPSS - Leverage OpenStack Swift to provide an object interface to data in HPSS. Directories of files and containers of objects can be accessed and shared across ALL interfaces with this OpenStack Swift Object Server implementation - Contact Us for mor information, or Download Now.|
|Capacity Leader - ECMWF (European Center for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts) has a single HPSS namespace with 216 PB spanning 257 million files.|
|File-Count Leader - LLNL (Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory) has a single HPSS namespace with 62 PB spanning 940 million files.|
|ORNL - Oak Ridge National Laboratory cut redundant tape cost-estimates by 75% with 4+P HPSS RAIT and enjoys large file tape transfers reaching 872 MB/s.|